Saturday 27 July 2013

Darling Girl Cosmetics - Haul & Swatches (Part 1)

I recently placed my first order with Darling Girl Cosmetics during their Memorial Day flash sale. I'd been eyeing up a lot of the shades for a while so it was a good excuse to try them out :) I like to take pics of how things arrive because I love the personal touches that indie sellers add.  This is what I received from Darling Girl:
I ordered 10 samples and 1 petit size.  I chose to receive the petit size in a baggie to keep postage costs down - I think its great that she offers this as international shipping can get quite expensive.  I received 2 more samples and a 'Gift with purchase' as freebies!
Darling Girl Love in a Void Impervious My little Pony Camp Blood Heads will Roll
I was really excited to fing that my two bonus samples were 2 of the yet-to-be-released Halloween shades for this year!  I received 'Heads Will Roll' and 'Camp Blood', and the collection is called 'Oh The Horror'.
Darling Girl Camp Blood Heads Will Roll Oh the Horror Halloween
Darling Girl Cosmetics 'Heads Will Roll' and 'Camp Blood'
Darling Girl Heads Will Roll, Camp blood, Oh the Horror swatches
I was really frustrated trying to take pics of these!  They are so much prettier than they look in the swatches, especially when you get them out in the sun, I've tried to take pics in different lighting (below) but the sparkle freaks my camera out a bit.  I particularly love Heads will Roll - which isn't really surprising, purple shades are normally my favouriite - but its such a gorgeous shade of purple with a super pretty pink sparkle.  I really liked Camp Blood too, it is a bit more pink tinged than it looks here.  It definitely makes me excited to see what else Darling Girl has in store for Halloween!  
Darling Girl Love in a Void, Impervious, My little Pony, Camp Blood, Heads will Roll
Darling Girl Swatches (Sun)
I've split this post into two parts due to the amount of pictures and the fact that I wanted to get the Halloween shades up asap, but above I've shown the first batch of swatches.  These are: Love in a Void, Impervious, My Little Pony, Camp Blood, Heads will Roll.  All swatches are over Pixie Epoxy. The shades are so sparkly!  I ended up with sparkles everywhere lol, however this was due to the way I was applying them, once they were on the pixie epoxy I didn't notice much fallout.
Darling Girl Love in a Void, Impervious, My little Pony, Camp Blood, Heads will Roll
Darling Girl Swatches (Shade)
I was really impressed with the quality of these, they're really pigmented and go on smoothly. My faves of this lot are definitely My Little Pony and Heads Will Roll. My Little Pony is a color-shifter, the website describes it like this: 'At first glance it looks like a pale, pastel lavender with green shift and aqua and pink iridescence, but hold it close to a light source and it takes on a coppery rose color'. I absolutely adore the obvious green shift to it., I think I might have to get this in a full size - yup, I'm planning my next order already :x
The remaining swatches will be up asap.  Hope you enjoyed this post xx


1 comment: