Friday 11 October 2013

Notoriously Morbid - Halloween Sneak Peek (Part 2)

I had an OMG moment this morning when I realised that Notoriously Morbid released their fantastic Halloween collection today and I have swatches that I'm yet to share! How selfish of me *slaps hand*. So here they are! Two more shades from the new collection. For part one (which includes Bram and Lugosi) please click here. I'll have the rest of the shades to show you soon because I just went and bought ALL THE THINGS... in full size :) Needless to say I'm feeling quite excited!

Notoriously Morbid Hallows Eve Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Hallows Eve Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Hallows Eve Swatch
Hallows Eve: 'a dark blue black based delight with an orange to purple shift and sparkles'.
I had to include two swatches of this one because it changes quite dramatically depending on the light. At some angles I was getting an amazing purple sheen, while at others I was getting some beautiful rainbowy sparkles. So beautiful... *dies*

Notoriously Morbid Hallowed Ground Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Hallowed Ground Swatch
Hallowed Ground: 'a mustard yellow with a purple shift'.
Loving these shifts! Also this part of the description: "What else would consecrated dirt look like?". She has a point guys! Superb color - its so unique! I honestly can't think of another shade like this one.
Notoriously Morbid Halloween Swatches
In my opinion, these are must-haves. They are gorgeously pigmented and have stunning shifts (which is a massive weakness of mine). As I mentioned I've gone ahead and ordered everything that Notoriously Morbid has released for Halloween, thats how much I adore these shades, and I know I can count on this company for fantastic quality. I encourage you to go pick a few up from either her Etsy store, or Storenvy - I want everyone to be able to enjoy the awesome! :) There is a fantastic offer for the collection too, they come in a grab bag of 5 shadows (with a raspberry mint flavored lip balm!) for $20. The grab bag does include the previously reviewed Lugosi and Bram, but the shadows above are sold seperately. However, check out the Facebook page for a limited time deal! :)

Thanks for viewing my post, hope you're having a fantastic weekend so far! xx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing a review on these! I've been tempted to buy this collection because I heard it comes in a cute coffin? I feel like I have similar colors in the collection though. 'Lugosi' is seriously tempting me (loving the name!). Ahhh, can you tell me more about the pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops I replied to you but forgot to hit the reply button so its below :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Jolie! Notoriously Morbid is my new favourite indie brand - the pigmentation is amazing (even without primer) and I always find her colors are original. The two above aren't actually part of the coffin set, they're sold seperately but Bram (a fave of mine!) and Lugosi are in the set, along with 3 others I haven't tried yet. And yes they do come in a little coffin with a bat on it! (LOVE THIS!). I'll be reviewing it as soon as I receive it :) There are only 2 left apparently! Thanks for following me, I'm enjoying your blog a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does the quality compare to other indie companies? I've only tried Shiro, Geek Chic, Fyrinnae, and Oslo so far (looking to remedy that very, VERY soon). I've been buying so much lately that I'm trying to limit myself >_< Do you think whatever you have in the Coffin Set is worth violating the no-buy? I've actually added the set to my cart already and just need a tiny push to take the plunge :(

      Thank you so much for checking out my blog though! I feel so embarrassed that someone's actually reading it haha.

      Delete
    2. Lol, my rule to blogging is to put it out of your mind that somebody is going to read it and just write like you are talking to a friend :) I get nervous if I think of people reading it too! Yours is great though, I really enjoy it. I think the quality of Notoriously Morbid is fantastic, I was hooked after the first order. I would put it at least on par with Shiro - I personally prefer NM based on shades. I thought they were more pigmented than Geek Chic and I'm yet to try Oslo, but after your swatches I'm very tempted! I kind of seperate Fyrinnae out because their formula is much different to other indies, I love Fyrinnae! I really do recommend Notoriously Morbid, she hasn't disappointed me yet. And the coffin set - I was so impressed with Lugosi and Bram, plus spooky things appeal to me so I didn't even hesitate to order it :) I'm going to try and give you the tiny push - then we can rave to each other when we both receive them! :D If you are ordering from NM I recommend picking up samples of Storm and Tenorman's Tears :) And if you ask for a sample of Annie's Agony I'm pretty sure she'll give you one with your order! Let me know what you decide :D

      Delete
    3. You're so kind! I think you should really give Oslo a try :) They have a blogger pack for 4 shadows for $10. Their shades call to me because I love jewel-tones. I actually ordered the coffin set before seeing your comment x_x I forgot to ask for a sample of Annie's Agony haha, I asked for one of her best sellers instead. It's too bad her Coffin Kissers aren't colored; I love lipstick/balm products!

      Delete