Wednesday 18 December 2013

White Rabbit Cosmetics - Swatches & Review

Hi guys! I know its been AGES since my last post - this time of the year is a bit crazy for me with the end of school / preschool etc (for us in NZ Christmas is our summer vacation), not to mention getting sick for nearly a week in the middle of it all! While I was sick though, I received a surprise package in the mail from the lovely Brooke of White Rabbit Cosmetics! It made my day so much better and I can't thank her enough - it was a complete surprise and super generous!
White Rabbit is a relatively new indie company that runs out of Glasgow, Scotland.  I've been eyeing up her Doctor Who gift set for a while so this was a great chance to try her makeup :) She sent me 4 full size eyeshadows which arrived sealed with a shrink band, as well as sifter seals. I love the labels, they're gorgeous!

All swatches are shown over pixie epoxy, and in natural light.

White Rabbit So Long Swatch
So Long (thanks for all the fish): 'a beautiful sea green with a shimmer!'
This is my fave of the bunch - its just such a pretty shade of green. This one is vegan too!

White Rabbit Earl Grey Swatch
Earl Grey: Earl Grey is a deep brown with a rich glow and glitter highlights!
I like this one a lot more than I thought I would at first glance, brown isn't normally my thing but I'm really enjoying the sparkles here, it adds a lot of depth to the shade.
White Rabbit Exacitically Swatch
Exacitically: 'a cornflower color loaded with glitter!'
You can't see it in this pic as much as I would like but this is definitely loaded with glitter! Cute little tiny rainbow glitters! I recommend a sticky base for this one due to all the sparkles. Not vegan.

White Rabbit Love Potion Swatch
Love Potion: a creamy neutral absolutely loaded with gold glitter!
This looks a little more gold here than it is in person - this is my second fave of the bunch! And its vegan too!

White Rabbit Swatches
I'm glad I'm finally getting a chance to share these with you because I'm really happy with them. If Brooke is making shadows like this already I'm going to be interested to watch what she produces in the future. I adore that green - its found its way onto my eyelids a few times in the last week :)

White Rabbit Cosmetics are available on Etsy, and are offered seperately or in various gift set options. The Alice in Wonderland themed boxes are super cute. I didn't order these so can't comment on customer service, but the fact that she sent these over as a surprise and expecting nothing in return says a lot! I definitely won't hesitate to order in the future, I've got my eye on some other shades already.

You can also follow White Rabbit Cosmetics on Facebook.

Thanks for reading my post, I have a lot to catch up on so I'll try and get a few more out in the next couple of days :) xx

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the name of So Long (thanks for all the fish)! That's hilarious and it's the only part of the Hitchhiker movie that I actually watched haha! I took a look at her site and I think it's really cool that she bundles up eyeshadows with their corresponding jewelry. The lightsaber one would make such a cute gift for a Star Wars fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look gorgeous! Especially So Long and Exacitically - very pretty :D Must go check her shop out :)

    ReplyDelete